Thursday, January 16, 2014

Blog Post #2 Week 1: My thoughts

The four resources shared a common theme of utilizing information to enhance teaching and learning. They all seemed to tie into the idea that an instructors job should constantly be to push the bounders of innovation and imagination, in the delivery of content and organization of thought. We now live in a world where we are constantly tied to the “information matrix” where students and instructors alike have already developed tech savy habits. 

People check their social networks on their smartphones at a moments whim, stream videos on their personal computers, and google answers when confronted with a dilemma. An instructor should then make use of these actions by delivering their content through them and guiding students in how to use these tools effectively to produce QUALITY results. 


These resources were like the sticks that Karen Lierman mentioned in her article , they lit a fire in my drive to take all of these tools and theories that I’ve learned through the course of my Master’s journey and set ablaze a path to create fertile ground for my personal and professional growth. I feel charged!

1 comment:

  1. I concur, Hassan! We as educators do need to learn the technologies and push our comfort zones of it so that we may enable our students to become better learners. We need to be effective in our utilization of technology because if we're not confident in it, I feel that our students would not be effective themselves in the work and quality they put out.

    ReplyDelete